Have your starter be the talk of your next get together with this fast and easy recipe. Works great with scallops as well.
- AUTHOR: Island Grillstone
- PREP TIME: 40 mins
- COOK TIME: 5 mins
- TOTAL: 45 mins
- SERVES: 6
- 750g uncooked fresh king prawns, peeled and deveined
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 3 tbs chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbs Thai sweet red chili sauce
- In a large, glass bowl, stir together the olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, black pepper, and sweet red chili sauce.
- Add prawns and toss to coat.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the Grillstone to 400˚ F.
- Optional) Thread prawns onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard any remaining marinade. (If you use bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes to prevent charring.)
- Grill skewered prawns for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until opaque.