This Rib-Eye Steak Sandwich can be cooked to anyone’s perspective of a “perfectly cooked steak”. It is great for a fast and tasty meal that makes you look like a restaurant chef.
- AUTHOR: Gary House
- PREP TIME: 10 mins
- COOK TIME: 10 mins
- TOTAL: 20 mins
- SERVES: 2
- 2 (1/2 inch thick) ribeye steak
- 2 slice Foccacia bread slices/Pumpernickel
- 1 sweet vidalia onion, sliced into rings
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Coarsely ground black pepper, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat the grill to 425 F with island grill stone for 15-20 minutes.
- Place the focaccia bread slices on the island grill stone.
- Once done, remove them off the heat.
- Season the steaks with coarsely ground black pepper and salt.
- Cook the onions over the Island GrillStone until they turn soft.
- When the onion are cooked half way through place the steaks on the grill stone.
- Cook for a couple of minutes and flip the steaks.
- Put the onions over the steaks while cooking, as shown in the video.
- Place cheese slices on the top of layer of onions (2 slices per steak).
- Grill until cheese melts and place over the roasted bread slices.
- Calories 450
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25g (39.2%)
- Saturated Fat 11.8g (59%)
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 139.4mg (46.5%)
- Sodium 519.3mg (21.6%)
- Total Carbohydrates 0.92g (0.31%)
- Dietary Fiber 0.13g (0.53%)
- Sugars 0.2g
- Protein 55g (110.5%)
- Vitamin A 5%
- Vitamin C 0.18%
- Calcium 21.4%
- Iron 1.6%
% Daily Value*
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet