Another marinated crowd pleaser with a custom marinade and a unique barbeque sauce for basting.
- AUTHOR: Island Grillstone
- PREP TIME: 20 mins
- COOK TIME: 10 mins
- TOTAL: 30 mins
- SERVES: 4
- 1½ lbs boneless lamb leg, cut into 1¼-inch cubes
- 2 medium white onions, cut into wedges
- 2 medium apples, cut into wedges
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into wedges
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into wedges
- 1 yellow red pepper, cut into wedges
- ½ cup apple juice
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chili sauce
- ½ cup apple jelly or orange marmalade
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tbs Thai sweet red chili sauce
- Combine apple juice, 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce, oil, lemon pepper and garlic in large bag or non-metal container.
- Add lamb cubes; coat well. Marinate in refrigerator 2 to 24 hours.
- Prep barbeque sauce: combine chili sauce, jelly, and 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce, mustard and red pepper flakes in medium saucepan.
- Simmer 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened.