Wahoo is a firm, flakey white fish with textures similar to salmon but with little flavor to overly dominate the taste.
- AUTHOR: Gary House (Cooking Outdoors)
- PREP TIME: 10 mins
- COOK TIME: 25 mins
- TOTAL: 35 mins
- SERVES: 3
- 3 slices of bacon
- 3 Wahoo steaks
- EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 whole red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 bunch, fresh spinach, washed, dried
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup honey
- Start off pre-heating your Island Grillstone to 350 degrees.
- Grill bacon till crisp, remove to cool on a paper towel.
- Remove most of the bacon grease from your Island Grillstone
- Wash and dry Wahoo steaks
- Coat evenly with EVOO
- Salt and pepper all sides lightly
- Grill Wahoo steaks for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. You don’t want to over cook these. Turning only one time.
- Remove Wahoo and keep warm.
- Start with some sliced garlic and red peppers. Grill till tender.
- Add spinach to Island Grillstone and cook with the garlic and red bell pepper till spinach is limp. About 5 minutes
- Place the spinach mix on a plate, add Wahoo steaks and crumbled bacon.
- Blend honey and balsamic together and drizzle over the Wahoo steaks.